I am always fascinated about Bread Loaf Dish which made me prepare this Eggless Banana Bread. I love the way a loaf dish is shaped. That cute rectangular shape, the way the dough rises and takes the shape of the loaf and bakes so well. Isn’t it so good? Earlier I made Eggless Banana Cupcakes which even turned out to be great. I guess anything made out of Bananas are foolproof recipes like Banana Milkshake, Banana Appam, Banana Cake, Muesli with Banana, Ohhh the list goes on!!! Don’t you think so?🤔
Bananas have a nice binding tendency which makes any dish thick and fluffy and manageable dough/batter. Bananas are good at cooking and good for skin as well as hair, especially over-ripened bananas.
Apply a ripened banana to your skin, leave it on for 10mins and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Similarly, mash the banana, add in your favourite hair oil (coconut oil or olive oil or almond oil, etc) and apply it on your hair as a rich conditioning pack, leave it on for 15mins, wash off and shampoo as usual.
Now that you got to know the benefits of Banana both for skin and hair do not throw away the ripened bananas from next time and utilize them as mentioned 😄 Oh now this turned out to be a DIY post instead of a recipe post🤭
Ok ok, I am coming to the recipe. I made this Eggless Banana Bread in Microwave Oven with pre-programmed modes. You can also bake it in a pressure cooker. If you want a pressure cooker recipe comment and let me know I will definitely post next time.
Now let’s jump into the detailed recipe of Eggless Banana Bread
Ingredients [1 Cup =250ml]
- Wheat Flour-1.5 Cups
- Medium Sized Ripened Bananas-3
- Jaggery-1/2 Cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter-1/4 Cup
- Baking Powder-1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda-1/2 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder- A pinch (optional)
- Finely Chopped Cashewnuts and Almonds-1/4 Cup
- Ghee Roasted Old Fashioned Rolled Oats -2 Tablespoons
Procedure for Eggless Banana Bread
- In a mixer jar, add in chopped bananas and grated jaggery, blend them until mixed well. You can even use a hand blender*
- Remove it, add into a bowl, add in clarified butter and mix well
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Cinnamon powder (I grated it) into the above-wet ingredients
- Now slowly fold in the flour (I did cut and fold method)until combined well. you can add 1/4th cup milk if required. I added to adjust the consistency
- Grease the loaf dish with ghee/clarified butter and pour the prepared batter/dough in it and sprinkle with ghee roasted oats and nuts
- Preheat microwave and then place the loaf dish in the microwave, bake on high for 5 minutes and check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then your bread is done or else bake for 3 more mins
- Remove, allow it to cool down completely to demould
- Demould, cut into slices and serve
*you can mash bananas with a fork and then add grated jaggery, mix well until jaggery dissolves (But I personally feel that fork doesn’t do a good job and I feel it may strain your hands)
Follow Hungry Palate on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. I will soon come up with something exciting. Stay tuned to the Social Media space. Also, check out my other articles on medium. Here I share general topics and my experiences on blogging, writing, and many more.