I made this Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake/Eggless Chocolate Cake for my SIL’s Birthday. This was the BEST CAKE I have ever made. I was so sceptical to prepare this as I wanted to do a proper cake with icing, ganache, and all. Not that I haven’t made cakes before but it will always be new to me when comes to “baking” due to the correct measurements of the ingredients which have to go into it. Believe it or not the night before baking too I was so tensed about how would it turn out. So many questions were running through my mind.
How will it turn out? Will I use the right amount of ingredients? Will I bake properly without burning it off or without making it soggy? And what not? So many questions. ufff.😵
Finally the day of Baking. I was still nervous and anxious about the cake. How to make a chocolate cake? Should I do it with vinegar or with curd? (as both Bro & SIL are vegetarian so I always prefer making Eggless Cakes so is Eggless Banana Bread and Eggless Banana Cupcakes on the blog) What to do about icing and ganache? (Do you know I even made DIY Icing Nozzles the previous night 😀 and a piping bag for it. Of course, I couldn’t use the nozzles due to not so the right texture of ganache for piping. But I will definitely use them in my other baking)Yet again so many questions.
Then around 3.45 pm or so without overthinking about the cake I took a deep breath and started grabbing the ingredients for it.
Stove Top Oven
Once after grabbing the ingredients and kept ready, I started setting up the stovetop oven to pre-heat. Take a wide thick bottomed vessel or kadai or skillet preferably aluminium, pour in 3/4th to 1 packet of table salt, spread evenly, then place a plate ( I placed the one which comes with a pressure cooker), then place a steel stand or coaster (see image below). your stovetop oven is ready.
Now that you’re ready with your stovetop oven, preheat it on low flame for 15 minutes. (If you think the heat is more after 15 mins then switch it off). While our oven is preheating let’s jump into the required ingredients and recipe/ detailed procedure.
Ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Wheat Flour/Atta/Godhumapindi/Godihittu-¾ Cup
- Cocoa Powder-2 Tablespoons
- Melted Butter-¼ Cup
- Powdered Sugar-½ Cup*
- Curd/Perugu/Mosaru-½ Cup
- Baking Soda-¼ Teaspoon
- Baking Powder-¼ Teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence-1 Teaspoon
- Warm Milk-1-2 Tablespoons ( To adjust batter consistency)
- Fresh cream-¼ Cup
- Dark Chocolate-1 Cup
For Chocolate Syrup
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup* ( Check notes for Homemade Chocolate syrup)-2 teaspoons
- Filter Coffee Decoction (Optional)
Procedure for Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Firstly, preheat the stovetop oven for 15 minutes (check the description above for how to set up a stovetop oven)
- Then, grease the baking dish with butter and dust it with flour, and line it with butter paper
- Meanwhile, sieve all the dry ingredients wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and keep aside.
- Then, in a mixing bowl add melted butter, powdered sugar and whisk well until sugar dissolves
- Once sugar is dissolved add curd and whisk well. Then add vanilla essence and mix
- Now add sieved dry ingredients little by little and mix well
- Add milk until you get pouring consistency and glossy batter
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, place in the stovetop oven and bake on low flame for 25-30 minutes
- After 30 minutes check if the toothpick inserted comes clean. If it comes out clean your cake is ready, if not bake for another 5 minutes and check
- Once baked, switch off and remove the cake and allow it to cool down before demoulding it
- Once cooled demould onto the cake turning table ( check notes for DIY turning table and cake board)
Procedure for Ganache
- Take a vessel, pour water, and bring it to boil
- Now take another vessel that fits on the above vessel, add fresh cream and dark chocolate, and place on the boiling water until the chocolate starts melting
- Once it starts melting remove and mix well and keep aside
Procedure for Chocolate Syrup
In a cup add Hershey’s chocolate syrup, water and dilute well and keep aside
Arranging Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Slice the cake into two layers
- Place the cake board on the turning table
- Now apply a little ganache in the middle of the cake board and place one layer of cake on it so that the cake sticks to the board
- Then apply chocolate syrup and ganache
- Now place another layer on this, apply chocolate syrup, ganache and cover the entire cake with cake and smoothen it
- Refrigerate it for 2-3 hours to set the ganache. NOT IN THE FREEZER
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator, spoon out the remaining ganache onto the cake, and finish it off with chocolate shavings as shown
- Once the cake is garnished with chocolate shavings keep it refrigerated until digging in 😛
Procedure for Homemade Chocolate Syrup
In a double boiler method melt in your favourite chocolate or dark chocolate, dilute it with little water into a syrup consistency.
DIY Turning Table
- Take a big bowl and place a plate upside down as shown in the above pictures.
- Now you will be able to rotate the plate placed on the big bowl. Voila!!! your DIY turning table is ready.
DIY Cake Board
- Take thick cardboard, wipe it well with a tissue ( you can take any cardboard which you get from online parcels)
- Now wrap the cardboard with aluminium foil. Tadaa!!! your DIY cake board is ready.
Disclaimer: Purchase links are for general purpose only