Carrot Cucumber Salad is an easy and quick salad to make.
Salads have become a major part of the food lately. Served as an appetizer or as a part of the meal or as a side dish or as a main course.
Mostly served raw, these consists of the mixture of two or three varieties of vegetables or fruits or sometimes both (fruits like pomegranate, green grapes) or sprouts as well.
Here in Karnataka, Salad or Kosambari is served at all weddings or functions.
These are made with sweet corn- coconut, green gram-coconut, Split green gram (Moong Dal )carrot-cucumber combinations etc. With sprouts, the salad will be tasty as well as healthy.
Today I’m going to share a salad with carrot and cucumber combination. This is a quick and easy recipe. You can prepare this within no time. Only the grating part takes little time.
Now let’s get to know the detailed recipe below.
- Cucumber/Keera Dosakai/Southekai-1
- Curry Leaves/Karivepaaku/Karbevsoppu-1 Spring
- Mint Leaves/Pudina-6 Leaves
- Salt-1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil-1/2 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds/Avaalu/Saasive-1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Chilies/Endu Mirapakaaya/Ona Menshinkai-2
Procedure for Carrot Cucumber Salad
- Firstly wash, peel, grate the carrots and keep aside
- Similarly, grate the cucumber and keep aside.
- Finely chop mint leaves, curry leaves.
- Once all ingredients are ready, take a bowl, add in grated carrot, cucumber, mint leaves, curry leaves, except salt and mix well.
- Once mixed, take a tempering pan, heat oil, add in mustard seeds, red chilies and fry.
- Now pour the tempering into the Carrot cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Add salt just before serving as the cucumber may ooze out water.
♦ You can skip tempering and have the salad as it is. Also, you can add grated coconut for enhanced taste
♦ This salad can be served with roti or chapati or before the meal or as a meal. You can add 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) as a salad dressing instead of lemon.