Flaxseed and Curry Leave Powder is easy to make and can be served with rice or Idli or Dosa. Flaxseeds have become a healthy ingredient lately here in India and are added to chapati dough for that extra nutritious benefit. These are very good for hair. Boil flax seed in water, drain or squeeze the gel out of it with a muslin cloth, apply to hair for good benefits. Using this not only externally but also internally can be more effective.
Chutney Podi/Kaarappodi/Chutney Pudi is a must in every Andhra/Telangana Meal in any restaurant or even at home. As we all know Curry Leaves is very good for hair, it works as an anti-hair fall by consuming on a daily basis. I know some people don’t like to eat them as it is. So here I come up with a recipe which you can consume on a daily basis.
Having this Curry Leaves Powder/Podi first with hot rice gives very good benefits for hair. Make it a point you have it daily and see the wonder it makes. You can check here how I clean and store curry leaves fresh for longer in the refrigerator.
Now let’s get into the step by step procedure of the recipe.
Ingredients for Flaxseed and Curry leaves powder
- Flaxseeds-2 Teaspoons
- Curry Leaves/Karivepaaku/Karbevsoppu-1 or 2 bunches
- Split Chickpeas/Chana Dal/Chanagapappu/Kadalebele-2 Teaspoons
- Black Gram/Minappappu/Uddinabele-2 Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds/Aavaalu/Saasive-1 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds/Menthulu/Menthya-¼th Teaspoon
- Red Chilies/Endu Mirapakayalu/Ona Menshinkai-10 to 15
- Oil-1 Teaspoon
- Salt/Uppu-As required
- Firstly wash the curry leaves thoroughly, spread them on a plate and let them dry for an hour.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and dry roast flax seeds until they start changing the colour.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Now heat the same pan, add in oil, mustard seeds, chana dal, black gram and fry until golden brown.
- Once fried, add in fenugreek seeds and fry. Transfer to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Add in red chillies and fry until crisp, remove and keep aside.
- Now fry curry leaves in batches until they turn crisp.
- Once fried remove and allow it to cool.
- Now to a blender jar add in flax seeds, mustard seeds, and dal mixture or tempering, red chillies and grind to a coarse powder.
- Now add the fried curry leaves and grind to a fine powder.
- Add in salt and just run the blender for 2 seconds until it’s mixed.
- Once cooled, transfer to an airtight glass jar and store for up to a month.
- Have it with steaming hot Idlis or Dosa or Hot rice with ghee/clarified butter.
♥ You can even sun-dry curry leaves until crisp.
♥ Can prepare curry leaves powder without flax seeds following the same procedure
You can buy Flax seeds here
Note: The shopping link is for general purpose only.