Banana Smoothie Bowl is one of the healthiest and filling breakfasts as it contains all the nutrients required for our skin and body. But I never tried one so far.
Today I was not in a mood to prepare a usual BREAKFAST like Upma, avalakki, etc. But wanted to go with a simple and quick breakfast as I was damn hungry. So that’s when I headed to my kitchen and saw bananas lying over on my kitchen top.
And Immediately my mind was like “why can’t you make a smoothie bowl out of these bananas?” then I said Yes My lord ( Mind 😛 ) I will prepare this for breakfast 😀 so I grabbed few more available ingredients and made this.
Trust me this turned out to be a Delicious yet so Filling Breakfast.
Let’s jump into this quick, easy and healthy recipe.
Ingredients for the Smoothie Bowl
- Dry Berries- As required
- Rolled Oats-¼ Cup
- Curd/Yogurt/Perugu/Mosaru-¼ Cup
- Almonds/Baadaam Pappu/Baadaami-12 Nos
- Pomegranate/Daanimma/Daalimbe-1 the fruit
- Water -To soak Almonds
*I took two small bananas called Yelakki Banana/yelakki baalehannu
- Pomegranate/Daanimma/Daanimbe-½ ( keep aside half from the above list)
- Dark Chocolate -2 square pieces or more
- Cocoa Powder- As required (optional)
- Take water in a bowl and heat it for some time.
- Once the water is hot enough, pour it into the almonds and let it sit for a while. or soak almonds overnight in normal water.
- Meanwhile, peel the pomegranate and separate the pomegranate pearls and keep it aside.
- Almonds should be soft a bit by now, so peel the skin and keep aside.
- Take a mixer grinder (I took the large jar that comes with any mixer grinder/mixi), add in all under the ingredients for the smoothie bowl list and blend until smooth. Don’t worry if the almonds remain crunch, it will taste good trust me.
- Transfer the smoothie to a serving bowl, top it with pomegranate pearls, dark chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy your delicious Banana smoothie bowl for breakfast.
-You can increase the quantity of curd and oats according to your taste and requirement
-Also, you can replace curd with greek yoghurt
-Can use any fresh berries of your choice
Note- Shopping links are for general purpose only.
Also, follow Hungry Palate on Instagram for instant recipe post updates and any contest alerts 🙂